Waltham, MA (hybrid)
CONTACT: Apply here
At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering smart, diverse, and big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, service, and technology – to deliver a complete and integrated healthcare solution that delivers high quality care that everyone would want for someone they love. Founded in 2017, we’ve grown fast and now serve members across the United States. And we’ve just started. So join us on this mission!
***This role requires onsite 1-2 days per week***
As a key contributor to Devoted Health’s overall accounting team, the Staff Accountant will play an important role contributing to the Controller’s organization and advancing the company’s monthly accounting close operations. Primary responsibilities include all aspects of oversight and handling of cash activities, daily transactions, audits, and financial reporting and analysis for cash activities. This role will also be an integral to ensuring the integrity, accuracy, consistency and transparency of accounting and financial reporting for our overall accounting function
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering treasury transactions in the general ledger
- Perform and assist with daily/weekly/monthly bank reconciliations
- Oversee monthly accounting close activities related to treasury activities
- Support daily treasury functions and reporting
- Assist with interim and annual audit and help with requests from external auditors
- Work with Treasury department, Finance, and other business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
- Assist in other key accounting close activities
- Manage or support ad-hoc department projects and initiatives as necessary
- You are an experienced accounting professional looking to join the Devoted Health Accounting team at an exciting time in our history.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge of being part of a team that is in the early stages of building a world class accounting and financial reporting function.
- You are looking to put your experiences to work and take ownership of certain processes and accounting, interacting with accounting and finance professionals virtually located all over the U.S.
- You are organized, curious, interested in process improvement, a critical thinker, a great communicator and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves!