University of Massachusetts Presidents Office
CONTACT: Apply here
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Treasurer, and the direct supervision of the Director of Cash Management, the Senior Cash Management Analyst supports operations and cash management activities, assists with various projects to develop, and implement policies for the University in the area of Cash Management, and maintains relationships with external financial institutions.
- As a member of the Cash Management and Banking Services team, assists with operational duties in the areas of Bank Relationships and Financial Reporting, and works continuously with the Director of Cash Management to improve current procedures and develop new procedures aimed at improving efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, and standardization.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of cash management and banking services in the absence of the Director of Cash Management.
- Performs monthly analysis of bank fees and assists with the development and maintenance of system wide procedures for processing electronic receipts and disbursement.
- Works with and supports the Director of Cash Management on daily cash management functions.
- Participate in all aspects of any new systems development for all cash management operations.
- Helps train new employees, assists co-workers, and performs other duties to ensure the smooth operation of the Treasurer’s Office on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for processing daily and monthly banking services activity including processing journal entries and money market investments.
- Maintains contact with all cashiering locations as well as outside banking relationships. Responsible for the monthly review, reallocation, and approval of banking and Treasury fees.
- Coordinates the University’s Bank at Work program.
- Manages the relationship with the armored car vendor, including reconciling and processing invoices.
- Performs regular reconciliation duties as assigned, including but not limited to credit cards, imprest accounts, and receipt accounts.
- Responsible for running pay cycles, including but not limited to accounts payable (AP) disbursements as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing development for cash management operations.
- Manages the ordering of supplies and hardware, including remote deposit scanners, for all university bank accounts.
- Provide/produce data as needed to be used for analytics and reporting.
- Meet daily deadlines; review and quality check your work and others to ensure accuracy.
- Understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Must exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental and University policy and procedure.
- Responsible for researching and helping to resolve issues related to system and GL imbalances.
- Must pay attention to detail, written and oral communications skills.
- Provides general assistance and support to all operations of the Treasurer’s Office. Maintains working knowledge of the operational duties of other positions within the Treasurer’s Office to insure adequate cross training and backup.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business or Finance. Equivalent experience in a comparable professional business environment is acceptable.
- Three to five years’ experience in cash management, reconciliation and/or banking operations.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheet, and database application programs.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
- Ability to always maintain a professional demeanor, make full use of working hours, and maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers, other University personnel, and outside contacts.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, to always look for ways to improve current procedures and the flexibility to try and test new ideas.
- Ability to plan and organize work while performing a variety of office functions.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience using Treasury Management Software and/or Banking Cash Management platforms is a plus.
- PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Primary work location is Shrewsbury, MA however; travel to all campuses may be required.
- Typical office environment.
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.