CONTACT: Apply here
Manage finance, accounting, and budget or other functional operations such as accounts payable or receivable, payroll, procurement, capital projects, endowment funding, or sponsored/non-sponsored research.
Working closely with the Assistant Director of Finance the Financial Operations Manager will directly supervise and oversee the accounts payable team and activities for effective staff management, training and workflow and performance management. In addition, this role will be expected to perform ad hoc financial analysis and reporting across a range of financial support activities including asset management and capital spending reviews reporting to both the Senior Director of Financial Administration & Planning, and the Associate Dean of Finance.
Specific responsibilities include:
Accounts Payable Management:
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- Manage Accounts Payable operations, conduct internal and external audits, and triage problems and provide resolution for AP, Cash Management, Travel and non-employee reimbursements per University guidance.
Assistance to Faculty, Staff and Students Related to Financial Policies, Reporting and Processing:
- Serve as a resource for departments on transactional inquires by providing financial and technical assistance to staff/faculty and/or students on various financial issues, including the interpretation of University policies and guidelines
- Provide periodic ad-hoc report production and review of designated faculty core spending accounts
Transactional Processing and Review:
- Managing the review, ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and approval of spending against unrestricted fund resources via B2P for purchases and non-employee reimbursements, ICQs, student and temp hires
Processing of intra- and inter-tub accounting & journal entries
- General reports for those who have limited security reporting access.
Managing departmental recharges (rent, postage, MFD and other) ensuring quarterly accruals in accordance to internal controls and financial reporting.
Monthly Audit, Reconciliation Reporting and Compliance:
- Commitments & Escheat reporting and review
- Petty Cash Fund audits
- Unreviewed PCard transactions
- Monthly Asset Reconciliations
- Preparation of financial reports and analyses as requested in support of departmental/school activities and as aids to planning and decision making.
- Special (ad hoc) analyses/projects for upper management to help inform decision making
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
Please Note once Harvard resumes regular operations this position will no longer be remote and work will be performed on campus in Cambridge MA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.