Town of Greenwich – Nathaniel Witherell Skilled Nursing Facility
CONTACT: Apply online
Directs the financial operations of the Nathaniel Witherell skilled nursing facility. Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day financial operations as well as strategic financial planning. Ensures the appropriate accounting controls of expenditures, receivables, accounts payable and payroll.
Reports to the Executive Director.
- Directs the overall financial operations of the Nathaniel Witherell skilled nursing facility, including the supervision of department staff.
- Coordinates and reconciles accounting operations between the integrated financial systems established by the Town (MUNIS) and the billing system used by the facility.
- Transforms data into information to support management decisions and ensures that the Nathaniel Witherell stays within its budget.
- Oversees ongoing budget administration, monitoring expenditures, ensuring projects are implemented in a timely manner and within budgetary constraints and documenting interim appropriations.
- Develops departmental budgets and works with each division to make sure they understand and stay within their budget. Provides budget variance information on a timely basis to both the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Develops, maintains and updates the fifteen-year capital in conjunction with Director of Facilities Management. Attends the Building Committee meetings and presents current financial information on all capital projects.
- Evaluates the performance of financial management programs for financial reporting, department budgeting and accounting systems, and asset management.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for presentation to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, according to generally accepted accounting procedures including revenues, expenses and variance to budget; designs specialized financial and statistical reports as required. Monitors the status of the Accounts Receivables as part of a monthly reporting package and reports on any significant changes.
- Collaborates with Admissions to make certain that we have a responsible party for every admission.
- Provides financial forecasting and analysis of revenue sources.
- Ensures timely payments of facility obligations.
- Ensures the timely filing of the facility Medicare and Medicaid cost reports; oversees consultant(s) that assist with this report.
- Ensures compliance with directives and regulations from the Town regarding fiscal and service reporting requirements.
- Manages the development and preparation of the department’s annual budget. Presents and defends budget requests to the Board of Estimate and Taxation and the Representative Town Meeting as required.
- Develops financial data as needed for collective bargaining.
- Monitors activities that impact revenue, i.e. Admissions, therapy, payer mix, service contracts, etc. and reports variances in monthly report to the Board of Directors.
- Interacts with Town officials, boards, committees, community groups, insurers, vendors and the general public as needed.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and provide quality customer service.
- Supports Town policy and philosophy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or a related field, and 8 years of directly responsible financial management experience including 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Financial experience in a skilled nursing facility and/or in the field of healthcare administration preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of financial management enterprise fund accounting, budgeting and internal control procedures.
- Proven knowledge of the reporting requirements in a health care environment as determined by federal, state and local agencies.
- Skilled in the use of a personal computer using Microsoft Office and industry-related software applications for report writing, financial analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop short- and long-term financial goals, plans, programs and policies.
- Proven ability to analyze costs, budgets and other financial data and to prepare financial reports supporting recommended cost savings, financing options or other financial recommendations.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to impart technical, financial information in a clear, concise manner to the non-technical.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective, working relationships.
- Proven ability to take direction and respond in a positive and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task.
Salary: $117,855.00 – $147,318.00 Annually
All positions may be subject to an interview process. The Town reserves the right to limit the number of qualified candidates who will be invited to participate in the recruitment, or any part thereof.
All outside candidates will be required to undertake and successfully pass a pre-employment medical examination, which includes a substance abuse test, given at the Town’s expense prior to employment if conditionally offered a part time, full time or safety sensitive position. Candidates for employment at Nathaniel Witherell Skilled Nursing Facility are required to demonstrate their vaccination status against COVID 19.
The Town of Greenwich has implemented a policy of background investigations all full and part time positions prior to hiring as part of the reference checking procedures for outside candidates. The investigation will only be conducted as the last step prior to an offer. Refusal to sign the release form will terminate the candidate’s further consideration.