Cold Chain Technologies
CONTACT: Apply here
The Director of Global Treasury & Tax will be responsible for the managing the Company’s global tax and treasury functions (approximately 75% and 25%, respectively). This role will oversee the Company’s treasury function and be responsible for managing relationships with banking and treasury service providers and monitoring cash flow needs. Reporting to the CFO, the Director, Global Treasury and Tax must have a proven track record of effectively managing treasury operations as well as interpreting tax guidance and ensuring tax compliance. This individual must be an effective multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and execute key initiatives, with strong attention to detail and a dedication to quality. Manage debt obligations and maintain relationships with financial institutions the position monitors compliance with Treasury department goals, assesses the products, services, technologies, and systems that are available and appropriate for Treasury departments. Oversee all aspects of the company’s financial risk exposures including interest rate risk and foreign currency risk. Coordinate and review of the outsourced US Federal and state income tax filings, including extensions. Coordinate and review of the outsourced International tax filings and approve returns and tax payments, including VAT. Provide strategic insight as the Company expands its operational footprint, both domestically and internationally, by recommending and executing federal, state, and international income tax strategies. Review Company’s Transfer Pricing position and ensure ongoing compliance. Partner with external tax advisors in the US and in international jurisdictions. Develop and maintain relationships throughout the finance organization and cross-functionally to increase understanding of the business and potential impacts on Treasury and Tax compliance and strategy. Prepare ad hoc analyses, and lead or assist with special projects as needed.
- Oversee cash functions, including cash positioning, cash reporting and forecasting, short-term investing and borrowing, wire payments, fraud prevention, FX management and hedging, bank account setup and maintenance, and bank relationship management.
- Update 13-week cash forecast and conduct research into variances and determines explanations.
- Coordinate and review of the outsourced International tax filings and approve returns and tax payments, including VAT and GST.
- Ensure Federal, foreign, state, and local income tax compliance, as well as compliance with franchise, property, and other non-income taxes.
- Review Company’s Transfer Pricing position and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day conduct and supervision of cash management activities.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current cash management processes including cost-saving and profit maximizing opportunities related to treasury.
- Support financing negotiations and capital strategy formulation.
- Review FX exposure and implement programs to reduce volatility as needed.
- Manage and develop procedures and processes around month-end and quarter-close activity.
- Train treasury staff on developmental goals.
- Complete various analyses throughout the year to assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required, MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant treasury, tax, or corporate finance preferably with a global manufacturing company
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Epicor and other advanced ERP systems desirable.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Available for occasional travel
- Focuses on results and finds ways to move projects forward.
- Interacts effectively with all levels and functions to achieve project goals.
- Strives to develop skills and knowledge and to collaborate with peers.
- Maintains a positive attitude and remains flexible in seeking results.
- Negotiates realistic commitments and keeps others informed of progress and obstacles in achieving them.