CONTACT: Apply here
We are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our firm. If you are a dynamic financial leader with a passion for strategic planning and team development, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you. Come join a firm deeply committed to integrity, diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
As CFO, you will serve as a member of the Executive Committee, reporting directly to the President. Your hands-on approach will be crucial in driving the financial operations, strategy, and reporting for the firm. Your purview will include strategic planning, financial management, team leadership, and compliance and reporting.
You will be based in Portsmouth, NH, and collaborate closely with department heads, the executive team, the President, and the Board.
- Developing and implementing financial strategies aligned with our firm’s goals
- Overseeing and managing all financial processes, including forecasting, budgeting, executing quarterly billing and financial updates, and reporting to the President and Board
- Leading and mentoring a small team of financial professionals while also actively participating in day-to-day financial activities
- Ensuring compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements both as an overseer and contributor
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
- 10+ years in financial leadership roles; investment advisory experience a strong plus
- Experience at a major accounting firm is also a plus
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and leadership skills
What we offer
In addition to your competitive salary, annual bonus, and comprehensive benefits, you will also experience:
- Flexibility: Two days a week, feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home
- Collaborative culture: Interconnected team of really smart people and a high-caliber executive team with an open-door policy
- Savings: No one wants to work forever. Our generous 401(k) match and profit sharing will help those goals become a reality
- Community: Matching charitable contributions and paid time off to volunteer at charities near and dear to your heart
- Time: Balance work and play with our rich paid time off and 11 paid holidays. Planning to start or grow your family? We have time off for that too
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, neurodiversity, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
About our firm
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high-net-worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies intended to meet their unique investment goals.