CONTACT: Interested candidates are invited to forward their credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client is an entrepreneurially driven, mid-sized, high growth Company comprised of several home décor brands. The Company has its headquarters in the Berkshires and has a significant manufacturing and distribution operations in India.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of Finance & Accounting and tax ensuring company’s financial accounts accurately reflect the position and results of the company.
- Provide leadership in the business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
- Oversee and develop all product and data analytic functions.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Formulate policies to achieve goals and objectives regarding budgeting, forecasting, cash flow, and other treasury.
- Ensure M&A and financial projects and analyses are evaluated on a timely basis and executed properly.
- Ensure credibility of the Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Oversee IT department and IT operations of the Company.
- Select and manage external resources and vendors such as accountants, bankers, insurance brokers, IT consultants, etc.
- Perform forecasting to exhibit financial leadership in assisting the management team to assess business opportunities, business models, and product extensions.
- Advise senior leaders on decision making and overall company strategic direction.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable domestic and International federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders and the Board of Directors, tax returns, and reports for any government regulatory agency.
- Oversee accounting departments, budget preparation, contracts and audit and procurement functions.
- Meet regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Study long-range economic trends and project company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas.
- Estimate requirements for capital, land, buildings, working capital and increases in the work force.
- Assist in senior level employee recruiting efforts.
The ideal candidate should possess most, if not all, of the following skills and attributes:
- An undergraduate and MBA degree are required. CPA preferred.
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management, with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Strong analytical and operational skills for interpreting a strategic vision into a financial model.
- Strong e-commerce/catalog background and IT management experience required.
- Effective project management skills, imperative.
- Strong experience with implementation of internal systems, controls, and compliance programs, including in international jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution with a high growth company or division. Experience inside a public company a plus.
- Expert knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, budgeting, and cost control principles, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Demonstrates a strong customer service focus (with both internal and external clients).
- Decision-making ability and weighing the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong product and data analytic skills who can successfully work and lead in a fast-paced environment. S/he will have the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization including staff at remote locations.
- This executive will have the ability to motivate employees and teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. The successful placement will be able to manage multiple tasks while using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ideal Executive must be extremely trustworthy, prudent and have a great work ethic. S/he will have strong interpersonal skills in active listening, oral/written communication, coordination, collaboration, and social perceptiveness. S/he will have the ability to observe and assess performance of self, other individuals, and the organization to make improvements or take corrective action.