Northern Bank & Trust
CONTACT: Robert DiGiovanni, Senior Vice President
P: 781-404-1954 | C: 781-738-8650 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Cash Management and Deposit Operations leads and supports the operations structure of the Cash Management and Deposit Operations areas of the Bank.
The Director must provide leadership in the oversight of all functions supported in these areas including but not limited to Deposit Accounts, Consumer eBanking, Mobile Banking, Business eBanking, Business Mobile Banking, Positive Pay, Lockbox Services, Remote Deposit, ACH origination, Wire Transfers, zero balance services, overnight sweeps, investments with enhanced FDIC coverage (ICS, CDARS), item processing functions, and card management.
The individual works closely with the SVP/Director of Cash Management, SVP/Retail and Business Banking, and VP/Operations to ensure a seamless on-boarding process exists for new business customers and the Cash Management and Deposit Operations staff are efficient in their tasks and providing excellent support to customers as needed.
Strategic Planning and Development:
- Responsible for the implementation of strategic initiatives and product and service enhancements within the cash management and deposit operations area.
- Anticipates future departmental needs and ensures that current needs are efficiently being met.
- Continuously conducts research and works with vendors to identify advances in cash management and deposit offerings; utilizes this knowledge to create project plans that implement competitive and beneficial product and service offerings for the Bank’s customers.
- Strategizes to develop a cash management approach that facilitates business operations, while best advancing the growth of deposited funds.
- Assists in identifying staffing needs and develops budget expectations, incentive plans/promotions, and all related metrics for the cash management and deposit operations area.
- Responsible for supporting the bank-wide sale of cash management services to new and existing customers.
- Assists various sales teams in the calling efforts on Bank customers and prospects as deemed appropriate.
- Acts as primary operations support for cash management products and services and provides product information, and service support (including training) to customers and necessary Bank staff.
- Attends a variety of community events to promote the Bank.
- Oversees and provides on-site support/training to key customer contact personnel on cash management services as necessary.
- Ensure all policies and procedures related to Cash Management and Deposit Operations are current.
- Assist with the coordination of all materials required for Cash Management and Deposit Operations Audits and Compliance reviews; ensure corrective action is taken to rectify any findings.
- Participate in core service provider meetings and webinars to enhance product knowledge and identify operational efficiencies.
- Assist with the coordination of compliance related changes as necessary.
- Coordinate any product changes as directed.
- Facilitate Bank Control changes as needed.
- Participate in various project committees for any new bank initiatives.
- Participate in various Bank Committees.
- Perform staff evaluations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess strong industry expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of cash management products and services; remains current on industry information and trends.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s various products and services and interrelationships and with Operations, Production Management, Accounting & Finance, Technical Services & Application Support, Marketing, Compliance, Risk and the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Knowledge and application of managerial principles, project management, service implementation, work flow and technology applications.
- Knowledge of project management, service implementations, workflows and business applications.
- Demonstrated operations skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with product settings and account analysis procedures.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Position must be able to discern customer needs and recommend most appropriate product or service. Ability to interact well with the various departments.
- Meet or exceed the goals established by Senior Management.