Bangor Savings Bank
CONTACT: click here
Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Treasury & Payment Services Manager, the Treasury & Payment Services Officer assumes responsibility for coordinated business development activities in the market. The Treasury & Payment Services Officer is also responsible for providing exceptional service so as to aid in client retention and create a differentiated client experience.
The Treasury & Payment Services Officer possesses a comprehensive understanding of the bank processing regulatory environment, industry trends and practices and has a thorough working knowledge of Bangor Savings Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Initiates business development calls to existing and prospective clients
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of Treasury & Payment Services account relationships
- Participates in joint calls with officers from other business lines
- Prepares written proposals and conducts financial analysis as required for presentation to clients/prospects
- Monitors client analysis statements monthly to ensure appropriate product and service use by clients
- Conducts routine relationship reviews
- Maintain and expand existing client relationships through quantified contact and client satisfaction strategies
- Proactively service and cross sell relationships for the purpose of improving client satisfaction and generating additional deposit and fee income for the Bank
- Engage in technical discussions with potential clients to uncover needs and provide solutions
- Work with support staff, management and various departments within the bank to identify, prioritize and resolve complex client servicing issues, training and client transitions
- Utilize and maintain Commercial customer database as a relationship management and cross sales tool
Strategy & Process:
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in cash management and e-commerce, monitoring market trends, competitive practices and regulatory changes
- Recommend development and enhancement of presentation and promotional materials to effectively market the bank’s cash management services.
- Continuously evaluate systems and procedures utilized to deliver Treasury & Payment Services with an emphasis on improvements which increase the accuracy, and minimizes clerical/manual activity requirements to better facilitate the implementation process
- Informally and formally provides training and support for Bank employees
- Interact harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as requested
- In-state travel: 50%
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification preferred.
- Prior sales experience required
- 4+ years cash management experience preferred
- 5+ years of banking and customer relations experience combined, with an ability to understand and work automated systems, procedures and their development
- In-depth knowledge of industry products and trends
- Solid PC skills required: word processing, spreadsheet software, presentations, graphics
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management, both internally and with clients
- Self starter, comfortable working independently, and the ability to multi-task.