The RMR Group
CONTACT: Please apply directly here
The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR) is an alternative asset management company that was founded in 1986 to manage real estate companies and related businesses. RMR primarily provides management services to four publicly owned real estate investment trusts, or REITs, and three real estate related operating businesses.
The RMR Group manages Hospitality Properties Trust, a REIT that owns hotels and travel centers, Senior Housing Properties Trust, a REIT that primarily owns healthcare, senior living and medical office buildings, Select Income REIT, a REIT that is focused on owning and investing in net leased, single tenant properties, and Government Properties Income Trust, a REIT that primarily owns properties leased to the U.S. and state governments. RMR also provides management services to TravelCenters of America LLC, a publicly traded operator of travel centers along the U.S. Interstate Highway System, convenience stores and restaurants, Five Star Quality Care, Inc., a publicly traded operator of senior living communities, and Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, a privately owned franchisor and operator of hotels and cruise ships. RMR also manages publicly traded securities of real estate companies and private commercial real estate debt funds through wholly owned SEC registered investment advisory subsidiaries.
As of September 30, 2016, RMR had $23.8 billion of real estate assets under management and the combined RMR managed companies had approximately $11 billion of annual revenues, over 1,350 properties and more than 52,000 employees.
The Treasury Manager performs cash management and support functions for the RMR Accounting department and Senior Management. He/She will oversee the Treasury team, which is responsible for operations related to cash management, forecasting, month-end close support, cash investment strategies, and bank relationship management.
- Oversee daily cash position analysis comprised of various bank data such as controlled disbursements, lockbox funds availability, check presentments, and all other incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Actively develop staff and streamline processes within the Treasury team to continually align RMR with industry standards and highest levels of efficiency.
- Manage various banking relationships for 150 bank accounts across multiple banking platforms.
- Review weekly cash reports for executive leadership.
- Utilize cash forecasting and cash budgeting tools to assist management in short and long-term strategic planning.
- Oversee capital markets activity and perform monthly/quarterly revenue analysis to report impact on RMR P&L.
- Serve as a support resource for day to day Treasury operations.
- Manage short-term investments (money markets, time deposits) and propose investment strategies based on interest rate environment.
- Review Fed Wire and Ach transactions.
- Ensure Treasury team compliance with RMR control environment and Sarbanes Oxley, and provide support for both external and internal audit efforts.
- Administer the corporate purchasing card program.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required and a strong record of success in academic and work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate treasury department.
- CTP certification preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability with displayed attention to detail.
- Knowledge of cash and reconciliation accounting.
- Experience with web-based banking software.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment while multitasking to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting software (Yardi preferred) as well as Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office suite products.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners.
- Management experience preferred.