Contact: Apply here
Are you looking for an opportunity to help clients that has a wide variety of responsibilities? Are you looking to join a forward-thinking organization with opportunities to learn and advance alongside accomplished business leaders? Then look no further than joining the Finance Team at BankProv.
This is no ordinary opportunity…
And BankProv is no ordinary Bank. At BankProv, we are curious, we embrace change, and we challenge ourselves to stretch beyond our comfort zones to create the future of banking.
These may be challenging times, but our Finance Team continues to grow at a rapid pace. As a Technical Accountant, you will review and analyze new GAAP accounting standards and regulatory guidance to identify opportunities, assess impact and ensure proper financial reporting throughout the organization. This position will also be responsible for the Bank’s FDICIA and SOX 404 compliance.
Some of the essential responsibilities include:
- Review, analyze, document and communicate impact and opportunities of changes in GAAP and regulatory standards
- Working with the various business lines, manage internal control documentation and testing in accordance with FDICIA
- Develop recommendations for management to enhance adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of operating procedures and controls
- Work cross-functionally to implement necessary processes to ensure compliance with all new and existing accounting standards
- Support quarterly regulatory reporting and year-end financial reporting
- Researching accounting issues on proposed deals and other transactions throughout the company and providing guidance on the proper accounting treatment
- Advanced technical skills and ability to analyze new transactions and processes
- Project management experience and ability and the ability to meet commitments timely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present ideas clearly and effectively
- Self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision
- Able to handle multiple assignments and deadline-oriented
- Bachelors, or advanced degree, in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a regulated financial services environment with a thorough understanding of bank functions