CONTACT: Apply here
Performs a variety of accounting functions including reconciling GL and checking accounts, general ledger entries, and providing overall support to the preparation of the bank’s financial statements.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Updates and balances the general ledger on a daily basis; researches and resolves any errors
- Responsible for timely publishing of daily financial statements
- Performs reconciliations on general ledger and bank checking accounts. Reconciliation frequency varies by account: daily, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Manages auto account reconciliation system; researches and resolves errors in a timely manner
- Updates other accounting systems daily such as deposit reclassification
- Gathers support documentation for auditors and examiners as needed
- Maintain up-to-date procedures for assigned responsibilities
- Responds to and resolves (internal & external) customer inquiries and/or problems. Serves as resource to other departments and external auditors
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of accounting by attending relevant seminars and conferences
- Performs a variety of daily processing activities; e.g. scanning documents and indexing archives
- Serves as backup to accounting team responsibilities including A/P processing as necessary
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties, related and unrelated in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent educational experience and professional training
- Four plus years of accounting experience including reconciliations and posting GL entries
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles with good organizational and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Knowledge of Fiserv Accounting Package or FIS core processing system a plus but not required
- Bank accounting experience preferred
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled