CONTACT: Apply here
Performs a variety of accounting and customer service activities in adherence with established Bank policies and procedures.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Updates and balances the general ledger on a daily basis; researches and resolves any errors
- Responsible for timely publishing of daily financial statements
- Performs reconciliations on general ledger and bank checking accounts. Reconciliation frequency varies by account: daily, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Manages auto account reconciliation system; researches and resolves errors in a timely manner
- Updates other accounting systems daily such as deposit reclassification
- Processes customers’ incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests as needed
- Gathers support documentation for auditors and examiners as needed
- Maintain up-to-date procedures for assigned responsibilities
- Responds to and resolves (internal & external) customer inquiries and/or problems. Serves as resource to other departments and external auditors
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of accounting by attending relevant seminars and conferences
- Performs a variety of daily processing activities; e.g. gathering interoffice mail for department, scanning documents and indexing archives
- Serves as backup to accounting staff
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties, related and unrelated in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Four plus years of bank accounting or related experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles with good organizational and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Knowledge of Fiserv Accounting Package or FIS core processing system a plus but not required
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled