Roger Williams University
CONTACT: Apply here
The Staff Accountant I (SA), together with their counterparty, is responsible for supporting general accounting and budget development for the Finance Department.
- Record and upload journal entries and perform other tasks related to updating the general ledger for month end.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and assist with preparation of audit work papers. Perform analytics in support of month end close and other projects.
- Record fixed assets in the ERP system monthly and prepare audit workpapers to support purchases and depreciation.
- Maintain all debt related schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare and monitor internal and external program billings.
- Prepare spreadsheets to analyze financial results.
- Provide budget and cash management support for all short term Study Abroad programs.
- Responsible for both the preparation and coordination of all cash management functions for the University to include, but not limited to: Report cash and short term investment account positions.
- Make daily cash management recommendations in coordination with the financial aid draw down process.
- Develop semester Cash Plan for disbursements, debt payments, investments, and payroll.
- Reconcile operating bank statement in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and monitor daily cash flow and on-line banking transactions including stop payments and NSF checks.
- Maintain and verify on-line wire transfers facilitated through the foreign exchange department. Transmit daily file of issued checks to the bank.
- Operate as primary liaison with all banking institutions for account set up and maintenance and all credit card machines on campus.
- Record on line giving and event receipts.
- Assist with collection of data, analysis of data, and preparation of reports for meetings.
- Perform analytics to determine program profitability.
- Provide assistance with forecasting.
Study Abroad Programs
- Review submitted budget for correctness by entering in the finance office template.
- Work with the faculty to determine on site cash needs, open bank account and fund as needed.
- Coordinate payments to facilities abroad (establish P Card with Purchasing) and wires for program expenses.
- Complete post trip review including reconciliation of all trip revenue and expenses, currency conversions, prepare profitability analysis.
- Perform special projects on a regular basis at the discretion of the Assistant Controller.
- Knowledgeable and well versed in RWU’s travel policy and apply knowledge to the review and approval of travel reimbursement requests, insuring compliance with policy.
- Perform internal control tasks as assigned such as surprise, random counts of cash boxes on campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- One to two years accounting experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, completing them in a timely manner.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience with University’s Enterprise Resource Planning System.
At the University’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
***When you join Roger Williams University, you will have access to our outstanding benefit package including: Time off (20 vacation days per year accrued from date of hire, 15 paid holiday, and 15 paid sick days per year), Tuition Benefits, Generous 403(b) match, Professional Development Opportunities, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance offered, Wellness Incentive Program, access to Roger Williams athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and much more!***
Roger Williams University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law. For information on our Non-discrimination policy, visit here.
RWU prohibits all forms of discrimination on the basis of sex in its education programs and activities and is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) and its implementing regulations not to discriminate in such a manner. Complaints of Title IX sexual harassment should be reported to the Title IX Coordinator at the contact information listed below. Details regarding the formal complaint process can be found here: Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy and Procedures. All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and responded to promptly. TITLE IX COORDINATOR: Dr. Jen Stanley, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809 / Phone Number: (401) 254-3123 /Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salaries for new hires at Roger Williams University usually fall within the minimum and midpoint salary ranges.
$22.10 – $26.45