CONTACT: Apply here
Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the Small Business and Consumer Lending underwriting and processing team in accordance with established Bank objectives, policies and procedures. The Small Business and Consumer Lending Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day lending operations, including implementation and administration of the loan origination system, and ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance requirements.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Supervision of the underwriting/processing team to ensure team members are well trained and current with products, underwriting guidelines and regulatory requirements. Responsible for coaching, development and performance evaluations of underwriting and processing team.
Responsible for making loan decisions, in compliance with lending authority, on small business loan requests as well as non-residential consumer loans, including auto and personal loans as well as credit cards. Analyzes personal and small business financial statements and other related information to approve or recommend proper risk-based decision and loan structure, including consideration of a SBA guaranty, when appropriate.
- Provide timely and effective communication to customers, colleagues and business partners throughout the bank, as well as external business partners and vendors, for exceptional internal and external customer experience. Ensures fast turnaround from time of new credit request to closing and funding.
- Builds a strong and effective working relationship with various cross-functional teams, including branch teams, commercial and business banking partners, and others throughout the bank as well as external vendors or strategic partners.
- Administration of all aspects of the loan origination technological solution, including but not limited to document creation and maintenance, interfaces with third parties, data integrity, implementation of software updates, workflow design, and participation in vendor user group conferences and calls to ensure optimal utilization of technology.
- Develops and updates procedural changes and department work methods through writing, and maintaining procedure manuals, loan documents and forms to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations as well as industry best practices. Targets continuous improvement in processes and operations that will enhance service and boost overall performance. Maintains departments business continuity plan and ensures that team is current with disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop, analyze, and complete management reports, including reports related to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Departmental liaison for periodic internal and external compliance reviews, audits and exams. Accountable for resolving audit findings, identifying root cause and applying corrective measures.
- Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures. Provides recommendations on new regulatory developments that affect lending policies, product compliance, and loan underwriting guidelines. Ensures that the team is up-to-date on policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, KYC, CIP, BSA, AML and regulations directly related to lending.
- Performs other duties and accountabilities as management may from time to time assign.
- Assist in the credit card portfolio and product management function.
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years banking experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a small business or consumer lending role directly responsible for underwriting and decision-making as well as minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must have strong knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to clearly and precisely provide colleagues with information, data or instruction, as well as respond to inquiries and manage difficult or complex situations. Must also have the ability to prepare effective presentations and communicate to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment. Must be self-motivated, ability to work independently and have solid time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple competing tasks as well as manage productivity of the team.
Must have proven organizational, analytical, problem solving, attention to detail, interpersonal and customer service skills as well as supervisory ability and experience.
- Ability and willingness to carry out special projects and other duties as assigned by management. Must have the ability to adapt to a changing and evolving environment.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products. Must be able to work well in a paperless, automated environment with a wide variety of evolving and complex technological solutions.
- Experience with Meridian Link LoansPQ preferred, and SBA loan processing but not required.
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled