XPO Logistics, Inc.
CONTACT: Stephanie Bates
Dowd Associates Executive Search
(914) 251-1515, (914) 251-1321 fax
Our client, XPO Logistics (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global logistics company. With technology and physical assets in 34 countries, over 88,000 employees and 1,440 locations the business is one highly integrated network of people working to help customers manage their goods more efficiently throughout their supply chains.
XPO’s logistics segment provides a range of supply chain services, including highly engineered solutions and high-value-add contract logistics. They perform e-commerce fulfillment, reverse logistics, factory and aftermarket support, packaging and labeling, distribution and managed transportation. The transportation segment provides freight brokerage, last mile, expedite, intermodal, drayage, less-than-truckload, full truckload, and global forwarding services.
XPO has a global team of over 1,500 IT professionals who understand how to drive innovation for the benefit of their customers. The company is on the radar in every industry that requires transportation or logistics. They are working closely with customers to look at their entire supply chains, from point of origin to the end-consumer, to identify the opportunities. This collaborative approach is a major reason why customers trust XPO with an average of 150,000 shipments and over five billion inventory units every day.
For additional information about XPOLogistics, please visit www.xpo.com
As a key member of Corporate Treasury this person will be responsible for day-to-day cash & liquidity management, working capital initiatives, intercompany funding and repatriation. This person will work closely with regional treasury teams, tax, accounting and legal in ensuring that the business is appropriately and efficiently funded globally. He/she will lead projects such as implementation of treasury workstation, cash analytics, cash pooling, working capital optimization etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are the most significant job duties performed; other responsibilities or assignments not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
Bank account and cash management
- Daily global cash position and liquidity: Report and analyze cash flow and disbursements, report daily cash balances, foreign cash balances, investment positions and credit facilities.
- Bank account administration: Responsible for worldwide bank account administration, tracking, monitoring, and coordination, including signatory administration, opening/closing bank accounts, negotiating documentation.
- Bank Fee: Manage monthly bank fee analysis and projection processes, including working with banking partners to process credits, correct billing errors, set up, update or close bank accounts or services, and monitor bank fees.
- Cash forecast: Forecast short-term and mid-term cash-flows.
Working Capital and Intercompany funding
- Identify and execute on working capital initiatives to enable company to deliver on its Free Cash Flow plan.
- Work closely with A/R and A/P groups to identify areas of operational and cost efficiencies in optimizing working capital.
- Work closely with Treasury capital markets team to support short-term borrowings, repayments and FX transactions.
- Optimizing global liquidity, formulate and execute internal/external funding and repatriation solutions in a manner that maximizes shareholder value.
- Lead, mentor and train direct reports.
- Collaborate with Shared Services, Tax, Legal, Accounting, IT and Compliance etc. in driving Treasury initiatives.
- Implement and operationalize Treasury best practices
- Treasury workstation implementation
- Global credit card rollout
- Working capital improvement initiatives
- Global liquidity optimization
Policy and procedures
- Develop and manage strong internal controls; ensure system security for internet and all banking systems.
- Manage Treasury Policy and Procedures related to cash management and operations, credit card, intercompany funding.
- Credit card expense management
Education and Experience
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business. 6+ years combined experience in treasury, banking or corporate finance. Strong preference for Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or an MBA. 5+ years Corporate Treasury experience desired.
Job Related Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong math aptitude.
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
Time Management Skills
- Demonstrates follow-up skills.
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
Leadership Skills (for Managers/Supervisor)
- Effective organizational, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to act in partnership with management teams.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Basic Computer Skills
- Strong Fluency of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed
Other Technical / Computer Skills
- Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
- Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.