Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric (MMWEC)
CONTACT: Jenna Rowbotham
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise.
We are currently seeking to add a Senior Treasury Analyst to the Treasury and Commodities team. This individual will work closely with internal management and our members. Primary responsibilities of this position will be preforming certain treasury cash accounting functions, manage investment processes and procedures, and oversee the success of the Pooled Loan Program. In addition, this position will provide support to the department by performing cash positioning and cash forecasting when necessary. This individual will oversee the risk insurance program.
- Generate cash accounting entries for cash receipts, disbursement and investment transactions relating to MMWEC’s Cooperative Entities. Manage and reconcile cash positions for Cooperatives
- Manage and maintain all assets in the SymPro Investment systems. Ensure accurate reporting of assets, including tracking of accruals, income collection and pricing of assets. Confirm Investment system is generating proper yield.
- Create and generate reporting to members for Investment Assets
- Preform Cash position and cash forecasting in absence of Treasury and Investment Analyst
- Manage maintain all operational responsibilities for the Pooled Loan Program, included P&I payments, wires to members, preparation and maintenance of all Financial Schedules and agreements. Reconcile all loans and file any compliance related documents in accordance with the Supplemental Resolutions.
- Preform all tasks associated with insurance policy renewal applications for property/casualty insurance.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 5 -10 years job related experience
- Experienced in cash management and cash accounting operations
- Knowledgeable in investment management in fixed income and equity strategies and investment accounting in a corporate/municipal/utility finance organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel macros and familiarity with Bloomberg preferred
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Position also offers a rotating schedule to foster work life balance. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.