Blue Cross Blue Shield
CONTACT: Apply here.
Voted as the highest in member satisfaction among Massachusetts commercial health plans by JD Power, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We have been a market leader for over 75 years, and are consistently ranked among the nation’s best health plans. Our daily efforts are dedicated to effectively serving our 2.8 million members, and consistently offering security, stability, and peace of mind to both our members and associates.
The Senior Corporate Cash Manager joins a team of experienced treasury professionals who work together to manage the Company’s $31 billion in cash flows on an annual basis. The Cash Manager will report to the Director of Cash Management, Banking & Financing and provides oversight of the ongoing daily cash management operations. This role will have 2 direct reports and the team works together to complete the daily cash position, review and reconcile daily bank reporting, complete wire transfer & ACH transactions, process credit facility transactions and complete daily liquidity investments as part of managing the Organization’s short-term Core Liquidity investment portfolios. Management of Company’s cash operations, specifically the Core Liquidity Portfolios, contributes to the Net Investment Income of the Organization. Senior Cash Manager will participate on company-wide projects requiring banking expertise, specifically projects which require subject matter expertise for ACH processing and monitor changes related to National Health Care Reform CAQH CORE Operating rules, specific to the EFT payment standard to pay providers as the Company processes over $9B in healthcare ACH payments on an annual basis. The Senior Cash Manager has been identified as essential to the operations of the company in the event of a building closure and is expected to bring home a company-issued laptop daily to ensure operations continue during a weather or disaster-related event.
- Oversee two analysts in the establishment of the daily cash position to determine Company’s cash needs and complete the daily wire transfers.
- Responsible for managing all investments in the Company’s Core Liquidity Portfolio.
- Manage corporate liquidity by providing oversight of the Company’s Cash Management and Banking functions, which include the banking functions for Subsidiaries, Foundation and Affiliated Entities.
- Oversee the month end accounting reporting for the disbursement activity related to the cash line items on the balance sheet for the Parent Company, Subsidiaries, Foundation and Affiliated Entities.
- Manage the covenant compliance reporting for all credit facilities, term loan financing agreements and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston membership for the Parent and HMO Companies.
- Serve as Treasury Subject Matter Expert on various corporate-wide projects, strategic teams and workgroups to provide Treasury expertise as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the unit’s internal Business Continuity Plan and Model Audit Rule (formerly Sarbanes Oxley) documentation. Participate in audit related activity by preparing Cash Management samples for the External Audit Year-End financial reporting, Model Audit Rule testing of all Cash Management related functions and various internal audit testing throughout the year.
- Ten years cash management and treasury experience. Healthcare industry related cash management and large corporate experience a plus. Management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required: Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred. Certified Treasury Professional Accreditation is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of short-term/liquidity investing and credit facility management.
- Month end accounting close experience required.
- ACH and NACHA Rules experience preferred.
- Bank relationship experience preferred.