CONTACT: Apply Here
Finance and Currency Make A Perfect Match!
With a history that dates back nearly 250 years, Crane is the fastest growing, fully integrated global currency company in the world. Crane integrates best in class technology, design and engineering to innovate solutions of uncompromising quality for our central bank customers in more than 50 nations around the world. Our award winning Motion tm technology is the clear leader in counterfeit prevention and is featured on the U.S. $100 dollar bill. We are a fast moving, rapidly growing technology company. Hiring and retaining the best talent from around the world is our secret to success.
Crane Currency is a division within the Payment and Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co, a US multi-national company which specializes in highly engineered products in niche markets. Crane Currency is a fully integrated banknote printer, substrate maker and security feature developer. Crane Currency has developed technologies that can be found in banknotes in circulation across the globe. Headquartered in downtown Boston location, we support three domestic locations and two international locations.
Crane is one of the world’s leading producers of currency and banknote technology
Crane is growing, and we now have a Senior Financial Analyst opening in our downtown, Boston Corporate office. The Senior Financial Analyst will provide insightful strategic analysis, reporting and recommendations to the senior leadership team at Crane Currency. They will utilize the Company’s global financial reporting systems to support HQ functions, and to coordinate the budget, forecasting and reporting processes. This individual will also be assigned special projects, some of which may include temporary deployment to Crane Currency sites in the US and Europe. We are seeking a dynamic financial analyst who has the ability and aspiration to develop and progress to more senior finance and/or business leadership roles as the business grows.
- Support development of the annual operating plan, multi-year strategic plan and periodic forecasts, consolidating inputs from 3 operating units totaling more than $500M in annual revenue globally
- Become an expert user of the Company’s global financial reporting systems that include Hyperion Financial Management, J.D.Edwards and Adaptive Insights
- Support monthly reporting processes culminating in the monthly President’s Performance Report and other reporting requirements “bridging” actual results to Plan, Forecast and Prior-Year by each category on the income statementPrepare presentations and ad hoc reports for the Crane Currency leadership team
- Process leader for monthly / quarterly Functional reviews and monthly / quarterly Capital Expenditure reviews
- Establish strong working relationships with peers, business and functional leaders, and Crane Currency executive team
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve business, financial and IT systems and achieve annual productivity savings target
- Ensure the integrity and credibility of the financial processes, systems, and work product
- Assumes other special activities, and responsibilities as required. Must be highly responsive to ad hoc requests from the corporate office
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Min. 5 years Finance experience including budgets, forecasts and actual reporting
- Intellectual horsepower as evidenced by strategic vision and strong analytical skills
- Successful cross-functional project management experience
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft Office software skills – Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, J.D. Edwards ERP systems, Business Objects and Adaptive Insights
- Capacity and willingness to travel on an as needed basis
NOTE: Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
- Financial analysis experience in a global manufacturing company
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience with continuous improvement programs (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- U.S. Government contract accounting experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more.
Qualified candidates can apply via the careers page of our website at www.cranecurrency.com.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Crane is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.