CONTACT: Apply Here
Two programs at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Making Caring Common (MCC) and the Education Redesign Lab (Edredesign), seek a dynamic, experienced Program & Finance Assistant to support program and financial administration for both projects.
MCC, a project of the Harvard Graduate School of Education, is committed to making caring and a commitment to justice a priority in every home, school, and community; more information about the project’s work can be found at www.makingcaringcommon.org. EdRedesign, also situated at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, works to support the holistic needs of children and youth in local communities by identifying and elevating the most effective practices for integrating services across sectors through collaboration and universal success planning. More information on EdRedesign can be found at www.edredesign.org.
403033 Staff Assistant III
- Process all forms and paperwork for student, LHT (less than half time), and out-of-state hires
- Set up vendors and process vendor payments (Buy2Pay)
- Reconcile expenditures and prepare monthly credit card reports (Concur)
- Process and track subject payments for research projects
- Process contracts as needed
- Create budgets for grant proposals and support grant reporting processes
- Respond to incoming email and phone inquiries and track requests
- Office management:
- Schedule weekly team meetings, organize team updates
- Order computer equipment and office supplies as needed
- Liaise with facilities and IT departments about team needs
- Organize team gatherings
- Make room and event reservations as needed
- Solicit job descriptions from team and post descriptions and monitor application portal
- Support onboarding of new staff/interns
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
Candidates wishing to be considered must provide a cover letter in addition to a resume and indicate meeting basic qualifications.
Please Note: Once Harvard resumes regular operations this position will no longer be remote and work will be performed on campus in Cambridge MA.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Previous experience in a school, non-profit or higher education setting preferred. High level of comfort in a fast-paced, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment. Careful attention to detail and discretion with confidential information. Ability to multitask against competing demands and deadlines. Is knowledgeable of (or can quickly come up to speed on), passionate about, and committed to an education-focused mission. Prior experience working with Harvard systems preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.