Office of State Treasurer
CONTACT: Apply here
The Director of Policy works to facilitate, design, develop, and implement engaging, comprehensive, and integrated policy proposals to support and enhance the work of the Treasurer’s office. This role will be best suited for a highly creative and qualified individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and can reliably and quickly generate thorough and thoughtful policy ideas.
Essential Job Functions
- Interacts with the senior leadership team to support the daily functions of the office in support of the Treasurer’s policy proposals and initiatives, which include but are not limited to programs including financial literacy , the Responsible Gun Policy, economic empowerment, and the Corporate Call to Action.
- Develops, designs, and produces a variety of proposals that promote the Treasurer’s initiatives.
- Facilitates, manages, and leads the project plans and timelines for policy proposals and initiatives.
- Maintains a well-developed understanding of Connecticut State Government and policy landscape and bring fresh research and policy ideas to the organization.
- Maintain continual awareness of policy proposals, news, legislative matters, and other issues that may require timely proactive and reactive engagement.
- Represent OTT with outside organizations, develop and maintain a presence as a thought leader for the organization, and build and sustain strategic alignments with organizational partners to advance Treasury goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to identify and develop new policy & research initiatives. Commitment to a well-developed understanding of the OFF and policy landscape and brings fresh research and policy ideas to the organizations; proven track record of identifying gaps in the moment and developing and executing initiatives that align with OTT needs an organizational strengths and values.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, or economics is preferred but not required.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of practical experience in policy development required