Boston Financial Investment Management
CONTACT: Please apply directly through our Careers Page: http://bfim.com/careers.aspx
Boston Financial Investment Management, LP is one of the largest multi-family investment managers of low-income housing in the U.S. The firm specializes in low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) investment syndication and asset management. Boston Financial is a wholly owned subsidiary of ORIX, USA.
This individual provides technical accounting and financial GAAP reporting expertise to BFIM Corporate and Portfolio Accounting Teams. This includes support through the monthly, quarterly and annual closes and extensive support through annual audits. In addition, this role supports the ORIX, USA Chief Accounting Officer in analyzing technical accounting matters for BFIM. This role also works closely with the ORIX Internal Audit Team in developing SOX compliant business processes to be tested annually. As a key member of BFIM’s Finance, Reporting and Treasury Team, this position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Support BFIM Corporate Accounting Team during the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close bringing expertise in transactional accounting and GAAP financial reporting.
- Support Portfolio Accounting Team in quarterly and annual accounting, financial and tax reporting for 110+ low-income housing tax credit Funds. Ensure all Fund financial statements are consistency delivered on time to all Fund investors.
- Primary contact to Corporate and Fund Auditors in all technical accounting, auditing and financial reporting matters.
- Support ORIX Chief Accounting Officer in all technical accounting matters such as consolidation and revenue recognition analyses.
- Extensive interaction with ORIX Internal Audit Team related to designing, developing and monitoring business processes under SOX. Key areas of focus include Treasury and Revenue.
- Liaison to ORIX Internal Audit Team for testing internal and SOX controls.
- Develop and support Portfolio Accounting staff in the design and testing of internal controls which impact the Funds.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in transactional accounting and business process documentation.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and Business Planning Analyst on business initiatives, including assessment of accounting treatment.
- Analyze prospective Fund structures for consolidation and other accounting considerations.
- Assist the Company’s Asset and Fund Managers as needed in resolving accounting and auditing issues that arise on property partnerships within Funds or with Fund investors.
- Train and manage members of Corporate and Portfolio Accounting Teams.
- Contribute to the completion of annual Company and Team goals.
- Contribute to the quality of operations by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the daily/monthly/quarterly accounting and reporting cycles and processes.
- CPA required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related discipline required.
• 7+ years of progressive work experience in public accounting or similar environment.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, deadline oriented, team-based, fast-paced environment required: pitching in wherever needed to achieve Team objectives.
- Advanced financial and analytical skills with the ability to understand complex real estate and financial transactions and investment partnership structures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Detail orientation with the ability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or accuracy required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office required, especially Excel.