CONTACT: Apply here.
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Achievement Network is looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial, and analytical thinker with excellent communication skills and a drive for results to be a critical leader on ANet’s Organizational Sustainability & Operations Team. The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for leading the finance function to ensure ANet’s financial sustainability as the organization continues to grow and evolve. With excellent project and people management skills, this Director will lead a financial planning team while building out a high-performing finance function through driving system and process innovations throughout the department.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and quickly add value within a fast-paced environment. This is also an ideal position for a finance professional looking to leverage their technical talents to drive impact. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with a six-person team supporting an organizational operating budget of $32 million.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Set a clear vision and strategy for the future direction of our finance team
- Help drive the development of financial strategies to ensure organizational success
- Manage the development of internal financial planning and reporting tools and other software to support expected growth
- Train budget managers on the use of financial tools, budget development, and expense tracking and analysis to ensure we are on track to meet our long term sustainability goals
- Build, develop, and retain a high-performing and highly engaged finance team
- Manage a skilled and diverse team with a positive, inclusive culture that brings out each team member’s strengths and that aligns to ANet’s mission and core values
- Develop team members to continuously improve by providing high impact feedback and coaching; manage towards excellence in their roles while being committed to their long-term development
- Act as a strategic thought partner with stakeholders to drive strong financial decision-making across the organization
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with budget managers, who include senior management, becoming a trusted advisor yet reinforcing accountability towards established financial goals and policies.
- Oversee production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to stakeholders, including senior management, boards of directors, and public and private donors.
- Lead financial planning and analysis systems and processes to ensure ANet’s financial sustainability
- Evaluate internal and external financial trends and provide insightful, high-value analysis to leadership to inform budget planning and management . Help drive development of financial strategies to ensure organizational success.
- Act as a thought leader concerning best practices for financial forecasting.
- Prepare short and long-term financial projections.
- Manage development of internal financial planning and reporting tools and other software. Train budget managers in the use of financial tools, budget development, and expense tracking and analysis
- Recommend and implement changes to financial practices, policies and procedures as they relate to budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Support financial compliance requests including state, benefit and insurance reporting
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You bring prior experience playing a lead role in an organization’s finance and accounting function
- You are energized by managing others and have a track record of leading teams to drive systemic changes
- You have exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills that set you up for success in identifying areas of process and system improvement and your strong project management skills allow you to drive innovations forward
- You are a collaborative team player and your positive customer service attitude makes you excel at communicating with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- You bring familiarity and comfort with financial systems (QuickBooks, Egencia, ExpenseWatch) and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You are deadline-driven and solutions-oriented and thrive at working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring prior financial planning and analysis experience
- You bring comfort and familiarity with managing the finance function of a growing organization with diverse revenue streams (including earned revenue and philanthropic dollars)
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions