CONTACT: click here
Position Overview: Minimizes credit risk by performing independent risk analysis on new credit requests and existing credit relationships for C&I, Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Construction Loans in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures. Focus is generally on small loan relationships and on commercial construction loan requests.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Ensures credit underwriting standards are applied consistently to credit requests requiring board approval. Conducts independent due diligence and applies appropriate underwriting techniques to assess the credit risk in individual credit requests.
- Conducts annual reviews on line of credit renewals.
- Performs collateral evaluations on new loan requests and on annual line of credit renewals.
- Spreads borrower companies’ financial statements.
- Prepares and assembles various monthly and quarterly reports as needed for submission to senior and executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Serves on project teams or completes special projects independently to support team and bank goals.
- Assists junior level staff with guidance, problem resolution and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Perform related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related business discipline.
- Formal credit training or additional industry specific training in commercial credit underwriting.
- Three years of experience underwriting new C&I, CRE and construction loan requests and evaluating current borrower relationships.
- Demonstrated applied accounting and finance skills sufficient to perform thorough financial analyses on potential and current borrower companies.
- Proven problem solving, decision making underwriting and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel Outlook and Word) in addition to banking specific loan origination and core processing systems (Loan Vantage and FIS preferred).