Longfellow Investment Management Co., LLC
CONTACT: Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and their resume to: jobs@LongfellowIM.com;Subject: Client Service Associate; No calls please
Longfellow Investment Management (LIM) is an independent, 100% employee-owned investment firm managing over $10 billion in fixed income and alternative investment strategies. We manage separate accounts for our nationally based, institutional clients. LIM is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and an affirmative action – equal opportunity employer. LIM provides a small firm environment with comprehensive investment industry exposure. In addition to salary, we offer an attractive benefits package.
LIM is seeking a Client Service Associate who can provide excellent support to our growing firm’s institutional client and consultant relationships. The dynamic role will partner with LIM’s broader marketing, investment, operations, and compliance teams to effectively service client reporting needs and requests.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the coordination and execution of client onboarding and deliverables across marketing, investments, operations, and compliance teams.
- Serve as a point person to service inquiries and fulfill client requests.
- Generate investment performance and data – run internal tools to produce portfolio analytics, attribution and performance information.
- Create efficiencies for how data is exported, stored, and linked for client outputs.
- Review and deliver monthly and quarterly client/consultant reports and questionnaires.
- Understand fixed income analytics and portfolio positioning to identify data discrepancies and dependencies.
- Draft portfolio commentary based on general market activity, attribution, statistics, and performance reports.
- Develop understanding of portfolio investment guidelines and assist with compliance testing and oversight.
- Gain thorough knowledge of LIM’s client and consultant relationships.
- Strong academic credentials, with an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or systems preferred.
- 2-3 years of work experience in fixed income is required; strong preference for performance reporting or client service experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Analytical skills, as well as the ability to manipulate data through various technology applications.
- Ability to problem solve; high attention to detail.
- Display the drive to work independently coupled with the ability to ask questions to sustain the learning process.
- Ability to perform deliverables according to month- and quarter-end client timelines.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Team player – ability to establish and maintain solid relationships across the firm and externally.