Albany International seeks an Assistant Treasurer & Director, Global Treasury (AT), whose primary responsibility will be assisting the Treasurer in overseeing and managing global Treasury operations and capital market transactions for the company.
The role will report to the Treasurer and oversee global staff in North America, Europe, and China. The AT will have primary responsibility for all global Treasury operations worldwide, including oversight of all banking and cash, short-term investments, notional cash pooling structures, bank account administration, SOX compliance, debt covenant compliance, relationships with banking partners, and support M&A due diligence and integration.
The AT will assist the Treasurer and the CFO in managing the company’s capital structure (capital market transactions, dividends/share repurchase, and/or M&A), interest rate risk management, working capital improvement initiatives, foreign exchange. Financial analysis, communication, presentation, and time management skills are critical to this position. This AT will be expected to take a strategic, highly collaborative, and energetic approach toward executing the Treasury function. A “big picture” mentality is critical, coupled with the ability to make connections to company-level strategy and development.
This AT’s primary responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of global Treasury operations
- Oversee daily cash operations, debt and liquidity management, notional cash pooling structures and bank account administration.
- Liaise closely with the Company’s Treasurer in overseeing the company’s treasury/cash management and investment activities in compliance with the company’s investment policies
- Oversee cash flow forecasting and projections
- Manage and negotiate bank relationships and credit facility compliance
- Maintain relationships with key banking partners
- Oversees interest rate, commodity, and foreign exchange risk management
- Execute dividend and share repurchase strategies
- Oversee and develop global Treasury staff
- Oversee the Treasury aspects of M&A integration and divestitures
- Assist Treasurer and CFO in the development of capital structure strategy and execution of related capital market transactions
The successful candidate will be a seasoned and experienced financial professional with significant experience leading in a #2 or Treasury Director role and will exhibit a breadth of finance skills/experience and possess the intellectual horsepower/curiosity to provide strategic financial leadership for a large business. The Assistant Treasurer & Director, Global Treasury will be the primary lead on all Treasury operations matters. They will be expected to be results-oriented and dynamic, keep up with the fast pace of the organization, and be deeply involved with various change initiatives. Beyond that, the successful candidate will be a proven treasury leader who is hands-on, autonomous, and proactive in achieving results and a proven conceptual and strategic thinker capable of distilling, packaging, and presenting information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. They will be a team-oriented person who effectively influences and motivates groups of people to work together in a committed way to achieve a common vision or goal. Strong interpersonal skills combined with unquestionable integrity and character are required.
It is essential that they have operated at a leadership level and possess experience and confidence working with company executives, financial leaders, banking, lending, and external treasury-related relationships.
Preferred Experience / Education / Characteristics & Competencies
- 15+ years of relevant experience with public global company in Treasury Operations and Capital Markets.
- Deep subject matter expertise in large cap multinational Treasury management platforms, with an extensive network of external relationships. Experience with Treasury Workstations, ERPs, and global banking structures.
- Experience with corporate bank account administration and commercial banking relationships.
- Exposure to credit facilities, capital market transactions, foreign exchange hedging, letters of credit, capital and currency markets, accounting/tax/compliance.
- Bachelor’s in, Finance, Accounting or related required.
- MBA/CFA/CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Expert level skills at financial modeling (Excel), presentations (PowerPoint), and other relevant applications.
- The Assistant Treasurer should be a great team leader who has experience proven track record of managing global teams with the ability to attract, retain, develop high performing teams and commitment to a team-based environment and employee empowerment
- High ethical standards.
- Team player, energetic, proactive, results-oriented, problem-solver, strategic thinker, highly organized, flexible, strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining business relationships with internal and external customers and maintains a great network.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and able to be adaptable, agile, manage conflict, adversity and drive solutions.
- Ability to manage competing responsibilities and deadlines in a timely and efficient manner as an individual contributor and through your team.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations in a highly interactive role; is proactive and detail-oriented to navigate through roadblocks.
- Ability to travel internationally, if necessary.
- Solid “business sense” and understanding of the manufacturing industry. Experience in the paper industry and A&D industry preferred.
- Working with CEO, CFO & Board of Directors experience preferred.
This AT is required to be onsite in Rochester NH, and will be provided with full relocation assistance. The compensation for this role is market-competitive and structured to attract and retain the best possible candidate; generally, the compensation is comprised of a cash base and bonus and long-term incentive.