Waltham, MA or Wayne, PA
CONTACT: apply here
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Associate Director/Manager of Technical Accounting & Controls is a highly-visible position within the Corporate Accounting & Finance Group. He or she will take the lead on technical accounting and day-to-day SOX compliance. It is expected that this position will eventually supervise a minimum of one staff accountant, and will be responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated across the team to optimize the periodic close process.
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process: ensuring that the annual report (10-K), quarterly reports (10-Q’s), and Proxy Statement are prepared in compliance with company policies and directives, U.S. GAAP, and applicable SEC reporting requirements
- Research complex accounting issues and assist the Corporate Controller with the implementation of procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the external integrated audit process, including direct responsibility for compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Partner with Compliance Team to strengthen the control environment around promotional practices, perform testing, and support process improvement;
• Author technical white papers as required and assigned
- Oversee the administration of equity award programs including stock options, RSU’s, PSU’s and our ESPP
- Oversee general accounting functions, as assigned, to ensure that all closing deadlines are met and that all transactions are recorded in compliance with company policies and U.S. GAAP
- Assist with new system implementation and improvements projects as required
- Continuously evaluate, mentor, coach and develop direct reports to achieve the highest standards of performance, both technically and in their ability to work in cross-functional business partnerships to deliver results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, and a CPA is required
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Commercial biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience preferred, with previous Gross-to-Net revenue recognition experience desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
Radius Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Radius Health, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.