CONTACT: please send resume to: email@example.com
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world’s leading consumer robot companies. Together, we empower people to do more.
What you will do:
- Summarize weekly deductions via a management dashboard, to be developed, showing open deductions by customer and type within each remittance-, with emphasis on “unauthorized” payment deductions, amounts rebilled and repaid, open balance with steps to collect/clear
- Working with Cash Application accounts receivable positions to collect and research all customer deductions daily, including visiting each customer vendor site for deduction details, providing backup detail for each account receivable offset-either a credit memo or a debit memo, balance the net payment to agree with customer remittance
- Track all deductions from the customer account, match with credits from appropriate accrual general ledger accounts to ensure deduction is clear or dispute as necessary; coordinate with Corporate Accounting
- Present all chargebacks to the customers with supporting documentation and issue a debit memo to customer accounts receivable accounts for each chargeback, with a copy to the Salesperson
- Meet weekly with Credit Services Manager for collection support, as needed, and customer status updates
- Manage claims submission for unauthorized deductions or disputes via customer portals and policies.
- Make recommendations for corrective actions to prevent similar claims arising from the same customer(s)
- Review all vendor agreements for compliance requirements relating to disputes, charge-backs, vendor agreement updates; track contract renewal dates and propose updates based on the type and cost of deductions taken by each customer
- Must be proficient in Oracle Accounts Receivable applications, knowledge of Oracle Order Management module, Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience with Retail Customer deductions or returns required
- Must have hands on experience in Customer returns, payment deductions and deductions management.
- Past experience partnering with Senior Finance, Sales, Accounting and Logistics leaders.
- Must be able to work on an interdepartmental basis to collect data, manage deductions reporting, research customer returns, dispute unauthorized customer deductions, shortage claims and compliance charges from customer remittances.
- Experience with third party tracking modules desired for near term implementation.