HarbourVest Partners, LLC
CONTACT: apply here
The Treasury Director is responsible for developing and implementing global banking strategy and managing treasury needs for a group of HarbourVest private equity funds. Primary responsibilities include the design and implementation of multi-banking services, monitoring fund liquidity and issuing capital calls, administration and reporting. Additional responsibilities include ensuring daily cash operations are accurate, proper internal controls are followed, and procedural memos are up to date. Further aspects of the role include developing and maintaining treasury services relationships with banks and managing the bank relationship module in the treasury workstation.
Cash and Banking Platform
- Identify and develop relationships with banks & partners who can provide value added treasury services to HarbourVest’s banking platforms
- Research, propose and coordinate implementation of services and technology to manage complex banking environment, ex, SWIFT membership or service bureau, bank API interfaces, etc.
- Lead implementations of payment services, XML, ISO20022 payment files and/or other technologies for processing bulk payments
- Develop program for efficient delivery of bank statements and other
- Perform online banking platform system administration
- Oversee Treasury workstation banking module which includes signatory & bank account database
Fund Liquidity Management and Operation
- Forecast liquidity needs for a group of HarbourVest funds.
- Organize capital calls, credit facility drawdowns & repayments and FX purchases as necessary to ensure funds have adequate resources to meet commitments while minimizing cash balances
- Collaborate with Fund Management Teams to plan and execute investments in USD and foreign currencies across all time zones for transactions ranging in hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Approve and/or release electronic funds transfers from multiple online banking systems, including FX spot trades and hedges.
- Initiate borrowings, repayments, and interest and commitment fee payments.
- Coordinate activities within HarbourVest and with banks and external providers to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all aspects of daily cash operations are handled with accuracy and policies and procedural memos are followed. Recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Supervise and insure adherence to internal controls for banking transactions.
- Evaluate and propose updates to controls & treasury practices
- Participate in identifying and implementing technology solutions to streamline operations and enhance controls
- Assist in the management and development of the Treasury Group
- Respond to inquiries regarding projected cash requirements.
- Manage special projects for onboarding of new programs clients, as well as departmental and company-wide system implementations.
- Knowledge of private equity funds and/or financial expertise preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience designing and implementing global banking services including SWIFT, Banking APIs, XML & ISO20022 payment processing protocols, etc.
- Manage multiple priorities with intra-day deadlines and cut-offs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal groups (Accounting, Legal, Compliance, Fund management teams) and external banking relationships
- Project Management Skills
- MBA and/or CPA required; CTP preferred
- 10+ years work experience