CONTACT: Brett Banik, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Responsible for corporate reporting requirements as it relates to daily cash reporting, bank account administration, intercompany transactions, global investments and borrowings, implementing and monitoring the treasury management system and ensuring compliance with Treasury and other policies, SOX controls and credit agreement covenants and rules. Provide oversight, training and guidance to less experienced staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily cash position and enter wire transfers and ACH payments in relevant banking systems for North American entities.
- Produce monthly interest expense and income accrual schedules for review by Treasury management.
- Review all cash holdings are in compliance with the company’s investment policy.
- Coordinate/open all domestic and foreign bank accounts, understanding and researching as necessary unique banking regulations in the relevant country/jurisdiction.
- Provide oversight, training and guidance to less experienced department staff in areas such as: daily cash functions; preparing debt covenants; preparing borrowing notifications; preparing monthly cash and investment report; and the netting process.
- Oversee the intercompany netting process. Monitor inter-company balances, consult with tax department and pay off balances where appropriate.
- Preparation and maintenance of intercompany loan schedules.
- Research and resolve transactional and bank related issues.
- Maintain banking relationships for cash management, FX & investments.
- Manage the implementation of the Treasury Management System.. Responsibilities include working with the vendor, banks, accounting and IT to interface the system with the general ledger. Ensure system is producing accurate data and posting to the correct accounts.
- Liaise with CRL Legal, Tax, Accounting, AP/AR, Payroll on Treasury related projects such as quarterly repatriation, acquisition integration, intercompany loans, and capital contributions.
- Ensure operational compliance with SOX credit agreements and corporate policy.
• Assist in preparation/review of schedules/ footnotes for SEC reporting requirements.
• Work with auditors on SOX testing and compliance..
- Evaluate new investment opportunities and make recommendations to management.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform special projects and all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in finance, accounting or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Experience: Two to eight years of related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: CTP preferred.
- Other: Strong communications and organization skills required. Strong Excel skills including use of Pivot Tables, Macros required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.