Maine Medical Center
CONTACT: Apply here
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Philanthropy Systems Manager in Portland. The Manager supports operations by overseeing the donor database and ancillary systems. A critical member of the systems team, including management of the gift processing team, the position oversees daily gift processing and donor acknowledgments. The position is cross-trained on all systems-related responsibilities to allow for a seamless flow of information and projects.
- Updating, modifying, and maintaining the database, online fundraising tools, and database plugins of the Development Department.
- Collaborates with and manages systems-related activities for colleagues in the Maine Medical Center Philanthropy Department to ensure systems optimization, prevention of errors and the cohesive use of available technology and tools.
- Maintains systems-related best practices and processes, including proactive data integrity and security projects that safeguard personal and financial donor information. The position may be required to provide direct gift processing and acknowledgment support during periods of high volume.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of accounts and production of reports to program managers and department leadership to analyze on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance and integrity of data and records, and other systems and web assets related to the Philanthropy Department.
- Acts as the primary department liaison with the Payroll Department and the secondary department liaison with the Information Systems Department and Financial Services Department and as such is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of current Maine Medical Center’s standards related to systems security and integrity.
- Prioritizes a donor-centric environment by maintaining the highest possible standards of donor confidentiality and gift accuracy.
- Assists with special systems-related projects as assigned, including the creation of data analysis reports designed to enhance philanthropy programs.
Maine Medical Center’s Philanthropy Department: https://www.mainehealth.org/maine-medical-center/philanthropy
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of institutional advancement programs and operations in a not-for-profit environment at a level normally acquired through 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with mail merge, letter formatting and best practice donor tax acknowledgement.
- Blackbaud experience highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software including queries, reports, list generation, global imports, segmentation and fundraising data analysis.
- Prior experience in use of software systems for increased fundraising results and efficiency through analysis of data.
- Supervisory and instructional experience required.
- Intermediate computer skills with the proven ability to learn new systems Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite products
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, colleagues, and vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry standards.
- Proven ability to maintain the highest standards in data integrity and security, and donor confidentiality.