Silicon Valley Bank
CONTACT: apply on website: www.svb.com
The Liquidity Advisor II serves as part of a client coverage team operating as a trusted advisor to clients across all Liquidity Solutions investment products and solutions (SAM, Sweeps, IB Deposits). The Liquidity Advisor II will partner with and support when required Senior Liquidity Advisors in the assigned territory business development and relationship management efforts for all Liquidity Solutions products. The territory management responsibilities will include identifying and prioritizing opportunities, communicating with internal bank partners and external influencers to align with the business goals of the Liquidity Advisory team and Liquidity Solutions group. The Liquidity Advisor II will work closely with Senior Liquidity Advisors, Product Advisors, and Relationship Managers to provide best in class service levels to our corporate cash investors across various client segments.
Broad Responsibilities Include:
- Work as part of a coverage team focused on client development, relationship building and ongoing servicing in coordination with coverage partners
- Support and drive territory development for LS investment products and solutions (SAM, Sweep, IB deposits) with a client-centric focus
- Assume independent client coverage responsibilities and provide sales support for regional team
- Execute segmented client coverage model with appropriate resources and effort
- Coordinate with deposit product management partners to support the bank’s deposit strategy
- Provide support and lead efforts facilitating sales management reporting and various business initiatives
Targeting, Prospecting, Preparation, Engagement- 50%
- Consult and advise assigned clients on investment products and solutions
- Support LAs in region regarding market assessment, opportunity prioritization, meeting preparation, post meeting reporting and client follow up
- Leverage internal SVB relationships and coordinate closely with banking partner as needed
- Where leading initiative, engage assigned clients in a professional manner
- Demonstrate competence in the following areas: meeting preparation and management, understand decision making process, needs assessment and positioning solutions
- Maintain pipeline information in firm CRM system and prepare client activity reports for senior management as needed
Solutions and Implementation- 20%
- Communicate with other areas of LS such as product management, marketing, legal and operations to ensure seamless execution of business requests
- Develop client materials for team members and direct use
- Maintain product and market knowledge and effectively communicate solutions to internal partners and bank clients
- Coordinate account opening and introduce LAM team partner to lead onboarding of SAM or RA for other products
- Work closely with LAM to manage client’s expectations and escalate issues if needed
Relationship Management – 30%
- Provide direct or indirect support to calling effort, including account reviews and continued education
- Build and maintain relationships with assigned clients and/or teams, monitoring client fund flows and delivering liquidity product solutions as needed
- • Take a leadership role supporting Segment 4 and some Segment 3 SAM clients, and other non-SAM LS product clients in scope
- Lead prospecting efforts with targeted SAM clients and other non-SAM Liquidity Solutions product clients in scope
- Become a trusted partner by delivering value through needs assessment and outcome-based solutions
- Coordinate closely with bank RM and LAM partners to provide appropriate level of service
- Capture activity in information systems as required
Decisions: Manage client relationships independently and lead initiatives.
Recommendations: Investment product and solutions positioning to prospects and existing clients for evolving needs.
Technical knowledge of on and off-balance sheet products, fixed income markets, corporate clients cash management needs, general banking and investment management, competitors, innovation economy ecosystem, bank and investment client interface systems and reporting.
Sufficient sales and relationship management skills. The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly. Ability to listen, prioritize, problem solve. Ability to work independently within established frameworks and with some guidance. Microsoft office proficiency.
- A self-starter with the ability to carry out tasks without supervision
- A desire to learn and take on additional challenges and responsibilities
- Collaborative with commitment to a team-oriented environment
- Flexible, ability to adapt to change
- Professionalism, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience in the asset management and/or banking industry, cash management a plus
- Degree level education
Preferred Education and Experience
- Pursuing advanced degree or certification a plus
No requirements but a CFA designation is a plus
Travel may be occasionally required.