CONTACT: Scott Cullen, Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant
Financial Reporting for Canadian Entities (Heluva Good & Almond Breeze), to include exchange rate, trade tracking, GST and recycling programs. Review and report on Gross to Net sales including Returns and Deductions for North America. Balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts for US and CAD. Provide financial reporting for other reporting responsibilities beyond corporate/plant reporting. Report on plant activity (Vernon) – expenses, variances, production and inventory, as well as any balance sheet and income statement accounts related to their plant.
Work closely with management to accurately provide explanations for variances while maintaining independence in order to properly, accurately and timely report results monthly and annually to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise to other areas of the business for specific accounting functions assigned to their desk (Almond Breeze & HeluvaGood! Canadian Business, CAD Trade Tracking, Annual Census Files, State Tax Accounting and Analysis, Lactaid Enzyme Reporting).
- Review of all Gross to Net Sales items including Returns and Deductions monthly.
- Prepare Canadian remuneration & Re-cycling reports Monthly
- Monthly accounting for inventory accounts – closing of WIP accounts, recording inventory revaluation by SKU for current period, reviewing related liabilities for any adjustments.
- Review of all Income Statement accounts to insure recording of expenses are in correct period and account.
- Provide all necessary accruals or prepaid specific to the plant(s).
- Review MRP system to confirm production variances recorded are on correct financial statement lines for any variances (absorption, PPV, usage)
- Reconcile all accounts assigned on balance sheet related to plant and Corporate.
- File all necessary government reports monthly (MA, PMMB, etc.) accounting for all inflows and outflows of raw product leading to timely payments of the correct amounts.
- Prepare plant standards for any new products to be run in the plant during the current year.
- Adjust cost models for new product lines / product runs in the plant and understand production flow / changes needed are accounted for correctly.
- Able to perform cost studies and review alternative formulations and ingredient substitution
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with an accounting concentration.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience with an understanding of general ledger, account geography, account reconciliation.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing technology.
- Keeps technical skills up to date.
- Understanding of full accounting / production cycle.
Skills and Competencies:
- Looks for ways to improve reporting and overall efficiency.
- Strong Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.) and database query writing ability.
- Organization skills and ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good Communication skills to work with various departments within the organization.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and adapt to change
- Team player who is willing to be flexible in tasks performed in order to help meet team goals