Harvard Graduate School of Education
CONTACT: Apply Here
Oversee all aspects of financial aid administration including compliance, disbursement of funds, and financial aid reporting in accordance with established federal and university standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Enrollment and Student Services, the Director of Financial Aid leads a four-person, multi-function, service-oriented department responsible for financial aid awards, policies, and processes for HGSE students. The Director partners with the Associate Dean and other leaders at the school to develop innovative strategies aimed at attracting exceptional candidates to HGSE. The Director leads in overseeing the Office’s operations and financial aid budget, supervises staff, develops, and implements internal controls necessary to successfully administer federal, state, and institutional financial assistance, and develops specific strategic and tactical actions that support the recruitment and retention of students.
- Leads efforts to develop new strategies for awarding financial aid.
- oversees the automated financial aid program comprised of federal, state, institutional and private funds for ~1300 students and ensures compliance.
- Develops, implements, and monitors internal controls (policies and procedures) necessary to ensure compliance with federal, state, institutional, and private aid regulations.
- Manages and supervises all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, scholarship packages and work study.
- Develops and monitors the Financial Aid Office budget including personnel needs, and departmental operating expenses.
Typical Core Duties
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- In partnership with senior leadership, develop and implement effective, long range financial aid plans; oversee disbursement of funds and direct and implement strategic awards to maintain or increase enrollment yields
- Direct the audit review process to ensure program compliance with federal and institutional regulations
- May plan and manage departmental budget
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.