The RMR Group
CONTACT: apply here
The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for assisting with day to day cash management, financial reporting and accounting for Affiliates Insurance Company (AIC), and special projects related to both Treasury and the insurance company. He/She will perform accounting and support functions for Affiliates Insurance Company, manage the daily cash positions for RMR and affiliated entities, initiate payment transactions, and support month-end close activities.
- Assist with responsibilities of month-end close processes including the review of consolidated financial statements and analysis of financial results for the RMR subsidiary company, Affiliates Insurance Company (AIC).
- Ensure financial records for various entities are maintained in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Perform the daily cash position analysis through the compilation of various bank data, including lockbox funds availability, check presentments, controlled disbursements, and all other incoming and outgoing transactions for property and corporate level bank accounts.
- Reconcile previous and current day cash activity for 200 bank accounts across multiple banking platforms and public and private entities.
- Initiate Fed Wire and ACH transactions.
- Assist Treasury Manager in the management of various banking relationships, including opening and closing bank accounts, transaction inquiries, etc.
- Prepare cash forecasting and cash budgeting tools to assist management in short and long-term strategic planning.
- Serve as a support resource for day to day Treasury operations.
- Prepare daily general ledger postings for cash transfer activity.
- Support internal and external audit efforts and Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Work with the Treasury Manager to provide quarterly support for external reporting efforts.
- Perform special ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required and a strong record of success in academic and work environments.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability with displayed attention to detail.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting practices and procedures with ability to research and recommend appropriate treatments.
- Experience with web-based banking software a plus.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment while multitasking to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in general ledger accounting a plus.
- Ability to collaboroate with internal and external business partners.