Horst Engineering & Manufacturing Co.
East Hartford, CT
CONTACT: Apply here
The Accounting Specialist will work with accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position is an important part of our Finance Team as we continue to digitize our processes and grow.
- Accounts payable processing of incoming invoices, payments, and remittance advice.
- Work with Purchasing and Receiving departments to minimize AP discrepancies.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Generate and review monthly reports.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting, with emphasis on reconciliation and accounts payable
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Maintain data integrity and confidentiality
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields; preferred
- 1-3 years of general accounting experience specifically accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Experience with Epicor or similar ERP software suite
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.