Clark+Elbing. Scientists at law.
CONTACT: Apply here
Clark+Elbing is a top-tier intellectual property (IP) law firm focused on protecting and promoting innovations in life science, chemistry, devices, and diagnostics. Founded in 1996, our firm has a long-held reputation as a premier law firm for patents. We are proud to offer a robust team of IP attorneys with advanced degrees in science who are supported by a group of Ph.D.s who are at the forefront of scientific innovation.
C+E is looking to add an Accounting Assistant to our Boston office to provide daily assistance to our Accounting/Finance team. This role will work on a team of about 10 other individuals. This role is located on-site (101 Federal Street, Boston, MA) and will work Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to get a start in accounting within the legal field.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Accounts Payable Tasks:
- Process vendor invoices
- Ensure operating expenses are entered and authorized
- Process check runs
- Process USPTO fees
- Process foreign associate payments
- Review and research statement of accounts and providing timely follow-up
- Liaison with vendors and foreign associates regarding billing questions
- Copy/Scan/E-mail invoices when necessary
- Maintain, reconcile and process daily requests for firm’s credit card
- General administrative tasks for the Accounting/Billing Department
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Skill + Ability Requirements:
- Ability to take initiative under moderate supervision, self starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as an integral member of the Accounting/Billing Department
- Accuracy, meticulous attention to detail, and strong organization skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing deadlines
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Prefer 1-3 years of Accounting experience but willing to train for the right candidate
- College degree, preferably in a related field, and/or sufficient job experience
- Experience using Aderant Expert, a plus
- Office environment. Accounting Assistant is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. This position is located on-site at our office in Boston with a potential for some remote work.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of all essential functions, responsibilities or requirements